To our Salon Familia community,
Following DC's phase 1 plan, we are excited to share that we'll be reopening Salon Familia in a limited capacity beginning May 29. The safety of our staff and clients is our biggest priority and we continue to adhere to guidelines for safety, sanitation and social distancing.
Starting Friday, May 29, we will be open by appointment only. Following the DC government's guidelines, below are steps we are taking in our salon:
- All employees and guests are required to wear a face mask.
- There will be no more than 1 client per stylist in the salon at any given time.
- Guests must check in at the entrance. Due to capacity restrictions, there will be no indoor waiting areas. We will text or call you when it is time for your appointment to begin.
- Hand sanitizer and soap are readily available for use.
- Stylist stations that are in use will be at least 6 feet apart.
- As always, equipment, capes, smocks, etc. used by a stylist and/or client are cleaned between guests. Our equipment and tools are sanitized using the industry standard, Barbicide, and our stylists have renewed our industry sanitation trainings during our closure.
- Frequently touched surfaces such as doors, phones, etc. will be regularly sanitized.
- We have removed high touch items that cannot be easily cleaned, such as magazines and newspapers.
You can call to schedule an appointment at (202) 966-6555. If we miss your call, leave a voicemail and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please be patient with our scheduling availability, as we will have limited appointments to offer while under social distancing and capacity restrictions.
Remember, if you are feeling sick, experience any coronavirus symptoms or are in close contact with others who do, please call to cancel your appointment. Otherwise, we look forward to seeing all of you!
The Salon Familia Team
When you walk through our doors,
you will know you have found a special place where you'll always feel very much at home. Everything we do here is done with one person in mind – you, our client.
We offer a full range of hair, nail and waxing services. Our team of experienced professionals are committed to meeting your hair, nail and skin care goals, using the finest services and products available. Our décor is warm and inviting, with soothing colors and comfortable, friendly lounge areas.
An Environment for Families
At Salon Familia, we know that parents may need to have the flexibility to bring children along with them. That is why we thoughtfully designed our salon to meet that need. A play area is tucked away within the salon, so that children can entertain themselves with toys, books and games. Children of all ages are welcome to visit the play areas while parents are enjoying our services.
A visit to Salon Familia has become a fun outing for many of our family clients. In addition, kids’ haircuts come with a satin ribbon to wear home!
Note: All children are under the direct supervision of parents or caretakers while in any of our play areas.
We have a variety of professional salon products available for purchase, including premium brands like Pureology, CHI, Matrix, Joico and more! Ask your stylist for product recommendations to maintain your look between visits to our salon. Our gift cards also make for a great present!